- 978-0-9910375-9-9 – Digital-only
$45.00 (Bookstore Wholesale), $45.00 (Suggested Retail)
- 978-1-7327075-8-0 – Looseleaf/Digital Bundle
$49.99 (Bookstore Wholesale), $59.99 (Suggested Retail)
- 978-0-9910375-8-2 – Spiral-bound/Digital Bundle
$55.00 (Bookstore Wholesale), $69.99 (Suggested Retail)
- 978-0-9910375-6-8 – Paperback/Digital Bundle
$64.00 (Bookstore Wholesale), $80.00 (Suggested Retail)
Academic Reviews“This is a genuinely unique and wonderful text. It combines the intensely readable personal touch of the how-to writing handbook with the no-nonsense nuts-and-bolts of the freshman composition textbook. I enjoyed reading it and suspect most students will as well, and was struck throughout by the author’s powerful, consistently engaging voice: This is a composition textbook that is actually fun to read!”
– Ira Allen, Assistant Professor of Rhetoric, Writing, and Digital Media Studies, Northern Arizona University
“This text displays a remarkable voice and degree of engagement with the reader, built both from understandable anecdotes and the author’s own experiences. Its tone is decidedly non-textbook and this is to its great credit as a potential stand-out among prospective teachers of writing.”
– David Grant, Associate Professor of English, University of Northern Iowa
“The author makes herself known to the students. She has a strong voice and personality, writing from a first person P.O.V. rather than relying on a deceptive third-person impersonal ‘authority’ that distances readers. Best of all, the author works by building on what she knows students are already able to do.”
– Elizabeth Lowry, Lecturer in Rhetoric and Composition, Arizona State University
Sample PDF ChapterThe sample chapter below is available as a static PDF document. The published English Composition textbook is available on our digital, interactive textbook platform, which includes the following features:
- Collaborative discussion activities in real time;
- Auto-graded quizzes at the end of each chapter with a timer feature and built-in cheating prevention measures;
- Annually updated links to relevant online sources;
- Helpful instructor supplemental materials, such as detailed instructor PowerPoint presentations for each chapter, chapter outlines, chapter workshops, and sample course syllabi;
- Simple and intuitive instructor assessment tools;
- Easy access from any browser and compatible with all major devices, including desktop computers, laptops, tablets, and smartphones.
Company Mission & Call for AuthorsLearning, just like life, is animated by curiosity, passion, and good conversation. Great teachers awaken students’ imagination and intellect by modeling these elements of a well-lived life in their daily profession, exhorting students to grow. Great books aid the process.
Textbooks should do the same. Yet students often greet them with resistance, complaining about their dry tone, lack of narrative interest, and high prices.
Our mission is to create textbooks that are “page-turners” – books so readable and relatable that students won’t want to put them down.
We’ve partnered with renowned scholars who are also recipients of undergraduate teaching awards to write our textbooks. Inspirational teachers ignite learning, and by translating that art into textbook form, we’re confident your students will be more curious and exuberant, leading them to greater mastery of your subjects.
Flip Learning wishes to partner with prospective authors who share this philosophy and are eager to unveil a creative, inspiring, and unique authorial voice that is often discouraged through traditional academic scholarship. For inquiries, please contact Co-Founder Chris Spielvogel (email@example.com).